Rogers Media Acquires Canadian Format Rights to 'Secret Millionaire' Franchise
The Canuck broadcaster will debut ABC's version of the feel-good reality series later this year on its Citytv network, before possibly producing a local version.
TORONTO - Indie content group Zodiak Media has inked a format deal with Rogers Media's Citytv network for a local version of the Secret Millionaire franchise.
Rogers Media earlier acquired the simulcast rights ABC’s Secret Millionaire USA, which is set to debut on Citytv later this year.
Now the Canuck broadcaster is eyeing a local version of the feel-good reality series about wealthy benefactors going undercover to help the needy.
Citytv will start airing ABC's Secret Millionaire USA later this year.
The Canadian network already airs America's Got Talent and this past week debuted its own Canada's Got Talent series to around 1.5 million total viewers.
The Zodiak Rights division brokered the deal for ABC's Secret Milionaire USA with Rogers Media.
Rival network Global Television earlier aired Fox's version of Secret Millionaire USA north of the border.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama