Rogers Media Renews Sitcom 'Package Deal' for Second Season
Also getting a sophomore season on the Canadian broadcaster is "Meet the Family," a reality series from veteran comedy writer Derek Harvie.
TORONTO – Rogers Media has renewed Package Deal, the Canadian sitcom from Thunderbird Films, for a second season.
Also headed to a sophomore season on City is Meet the Family, a comedy prank series from The New Tom Green Show producer Derek Harvie.
Package Deal, a multi-cam comedy about three overly close brothers and the woman who comes between them, stars Randal Edwards, Julia Voth, Harland Williams and Jay Malone.
The Canadian sitcom from Andrew Orenstein (Malcolm in the Middle, 3rd Rock from the Sun) is shot in Vancouver before a live audience.
"I am thrilled to be back in production with Thunderbird, Rogers and the Package Deal team. Let’s just hope the Vancouver rain holds out!,” Orenstein said after getting the writers room for Package Deal back to work ahead of a spring 2014 shoot.
Rob Sheridan (Corner Gas) is boarding the sitcom as a second showrunner.
The first season of Package Deal had Pamela Anderson and Eugene Levy as guest stars.
Also returning to City is Meet the Family, a show in which an unsuspecting girlfriend or boyfriend meets their partner’s family, who, in reality, are actors out to make the experience as uncomfortable and embarrassing as possible in front of hidden cameras. If the new partner survives the endurance test, the couple wins a luxury holiday.
Meet the Family, from Frantic Films, received an order for 13 more episodes after a limited eight-episode first season.
Rogers Media director of original programming Nataline Rodrigues said the show's second cycle will move beyond the family home for more pranks and laughs -- a new partner is introduced at a family reunion or a funeral reception, for example.
The broadcaster's other original series include the sitcoms Seed and Mother Up!, the latter of which stars Eva Longoria, and the reality series Storage Wars Canada, The Project: Guatemala and The Bachelor Canada.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!