Rogers Media Takes On Groupon in Canada
The Canadian broadcaster unveils a social deal-making site, RDeals, to offer bargains to consumers and drive traffic to brand marketers.
TORONTO - Canadian broadcast giant Rogers Media is taking on Groupon in the social deal-making market.
The Toronto-based Rogers Digital Media division on Tuesday launched RDeals to get Canadians bargains on branded products and services, and drive consumer traffic to marketers.
"Leveraging our robust portfolio and world-class brands, we are able to provide our advertisers and clients with access to established and relevant audiences," Jason Tafler, chief digital officer at Rogers Media, said.
RDeals is also the latest example of a Canadian media giant answering new U.S. competition as Groupon and other online dealmakers offer Canadians discounts at businesses that sell different products and services.
Rogers’ daily deals site will offer national bargains across Canada, excluding Quebec, while offering local daily deals in Toronto, Canada's biggest retail market.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!