Rogers Media Takes On Groupon in Canada
The Canadian broadcaster unveils a social deal-making site, RDeals, to offer bargains to consumers and drive traffic to brand marketers.
TORONTO - Canadian broadcast giant Rogers Media is taking on Groupon in the social deal-making market.
The Toronto-based Rogers Digital Media division on Tuesday launched RDeals to get Canadians bargains on branded products and services, and drive consumer traffic to marketers.
"Leveraging our robust portfolio and world-class brands, we are able to provide our advertisers and clients with access to established and relevant audiences," Jason Tafler, chief digital officer at Rogers Media, said.
RDeals is also the latest example of a Canadian media giant answering new U.S. competition as Groupon and other online dealmakers offer Canadians discounts at businesses that sell different products and services.
Rogers’ daily deals site will offer national bargains across Canada, excluding Quebec, while offering local daily deals in Toronto, Canada's biggest retail market.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR