Rolling Stones Offer Last-Minute $85 Tickets for Tour Opener at Staples Center
1,000 seats will be sold at the discounted price for the opening night of the 50 and Counting tour.
Ahead of the opening night of its 50 and Counting tour at Los Angeles' Staples Center on May 3, The Rolling Stones announced that a new block of more than 1,000 seats priced at $85 would be available for last-minute purchase, according to Reuters.
Concert promoter AEG Live, which is promoting The Rolling Stones' 2013 North American tour dates, told Reuters that the price cut came after a final walk-through of the production setup revealed that more seats would be available. The new $85 seats will be placed around the arena, and ticket buyers will be notified of their seat locations on the day of the concert.
"Seeing [the stage] in this setting for the first time, we were able to determine that seats previously thought to have obstructed views were in fact unobstructed and could immediately be offered to fans for $85 each," AEG said in a statement.
On Thursday, seats priced between $250 and $600 were still available for the band's May 3 concert at Staples, Reuters said.
The Rolling Stones grossed $558 million from 144 shows on their prior tour, A Bigger Bang, from 2005 to 2007, according to Billboard Boxscore.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR