Roman Coppola to Curate Screenplay Competition
Michael Pitt, Jeff Baena and Chloe Sevigny will also serve as judges for the Intel Corporation and W Hotels Worldwide backed plans.
LONDON – A screenplay competition curated by director and screenwriter Roman Coppola and his production banner The Directors Bureau launches later this month named 'Four Stories.'
Backed by Intel Corporation and W Hotels Worldwide, the aim is for filmmakers to upload their original screenplays – inspired by the mobile 24/7 nature of travel – at intel.com/fourstories for the chance to see their idea come to life on the big screen.
A trio of winning screenplays will be selected from a global pool of submissions by a panel of industry figures including Coppola (The Directors Bureau), Michael Pitt (actor), Jeff Baena (screenwriter), Chloe Sevigny, PJ Ransone alongside Vimeo vp, creative development Blake Whitman and William Morris agent Danny Gabai.
Michaelangelo L’Acqua (W Hotels global music director), Deborah Conrad (chief marketing officer at Intel) and Eddy Moretti (exec producer and creative director at VICE) will also join.
'Four Stories' marks the first collaboration from The Ultrabook Experience, a fresh initiative from Intel featuring collaborations with brands, emerging and established artists, and designers and entertainers that use the Intel-inspired Ultrabook devices.
The three winning scripts will be developed and transformed by Coppola and The Directors Bureau into 10-minute shorts.
Scripts must be set in a W Hotel, and the Ultrabook must play a key role in the film.
To complete the series, the fourth film will be written and directed by Coppola, who most recently co-wrote Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)