Roman Polanski on Extradition Request: "I Trust the Polish Judiciary System"

"I hope everything will be all right," the director tells a Polish TV network about the latest U.S. request.

Roman Polanski has said he will cooperate with the Polish authorities as they deal with the latest extradition request for the director from the U.S.

Last week, the Polish prosecutor general’s office in Warsaw said that it planned to question the Oscar-winning filmmaker, having received the request in relation to a 1977 sex crime.

Read more 'Ida' Director Pawel Pawlikowski on Unexpected Oscar Buzz and Letting the Audience Be in Control

Speaking to Polish network TVN24 on Monday, Polanksi said: “I know that an extradition request has come, and, of course, I will undergo the procedure and we will see."

He added: "I trust the Polish judiciary system. I hope everything will be all right.”

The 81-year-old has recently been staying in the Polish city of Krakow, where he lived as a child during WWII and where he plans to shoot his next film, believed to be about the 19th-century Dreyfus affair, a French scandal.

comments powered by Disqus