Romanian Oscar Hopeful 'Child's Pose' Secures U.K. Distribution
French-owned Studio Canal inks a deal with German sales banner Beta Cinema for the Berlinale Golden Bear winner.
LONDON – Studio Canal, the French owned U.K. distributor, has inked a deal for British theatrical rights to the Berlinale Golden Bear winner and Romanian Academy Awards entry Child's Pose.
The deal was sealed with German sales banner Beta Cinema. The Calin Peter Netzer-directed movie screens during this year's BFI London Film Festival on Oct. 10.
The movie is billed as a portrayal of contemporary high-class Romania, the low-level corruption and the trading of influence in the midst of core social institutions and tells a story about looking after children while suffocating them with love.
Studio Canal will roll the movie out across the U.K. starting on Nov. 1.
The Beta deal follows a recent U.S. deal with Zeitgeist and means the film has now secured near global distribution.
Sophie Dulac in France, X Verleih in Germany, Teodora in Italy, Golem in Spain, Contact Film in Benelux, Magic Hour in Japan and Palace Films in Australia have snapped up Child's Pose to date along with deals in Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Israel, Bulgaria, Poland, Hungary, Turkey, Slovakia, the former Yugoslavia, Greece, Portugal, Middle East, China, Taiwan and Korea.
Produced by Parada Film and Netzer and Ada Solomon, the movie was co-written by Netzer and Razvan Radulescu (The Death of Mr Lazarescu) and stars Luminita Gheorghiu (The Death of Mr Lazarescu), Bogdan Dumitrache (Traffic), Ilinca Goia and Natasa Raab (Amen).
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama