Rome Film Festival saluting Sergio Leone
Director Luigi Zampa receiving retrospective
ROME -- The fourth edition of the Rome International Film Festival will host a special homage to iconic Spaghetti Western director Sergio Leone and a retrospective of director Luigi Zampa, organizers said Wednesday.
The homage, called "Sergio Leone, uno sguardo inedito" (Sergio Leone, an new look back), will feature an exhibition of never-seen-before photographs. It will celebrate the 80th anniversary of Leone's birth and the 20th anniversary of his death, both in the Italian capital.
The Zampa retrospective, meanwhile, will feature restored versions of "La Romana" (Woman of Rome), Zampa's 1954 classic starring Gina Lollobrigida, and four other films that highlight his collaborations with Alberto Sordi and Vitaliano Brancati.
The festival takes place Oct. 15-23.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR