Romola Garai circling 'One Day'
Lone Scherfig's comedy filming in London in summer
"Day" stars Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess as people who meet during their 1988 graduation and proceed to meet one day a year for the next 20 years. In "When Harry Met Sally ..." fashion, the story tracks their lives and loves until they realize they were meant for each other.
The British-born Garai will play the woman Sturgess' character marries then ultimately divorces during those years.
The project is based on a novel by British author David Nicholls, who adapted the screenplay. Nina Jacobson is producing via her Color Force banner with Random House Films.
Garai, repped by UTA and ARG in the U.K., most recently played the title role in the BBC miniseries "Emma." Other film credits include "Atonement" and "Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR