Ron Howard, Brian Grazer to Adapt 'Under the Banner of Heaven' for Warner Bros.
The 2003 book centers on a series of murders committed by members of an extreme Mormon group.
One day after their high-profile adaptation of The Dark Tower was tumbled by Universal, Ron Howard and Brian Grazer are leading the charge of another adaptation, Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer.
The rights to the book is in the process of being acquired by Warner Bros. and the plan includes having Dustin Lance Black, who wrote Milk and Warner¹s J. Edgar, pen the screenplay.
Imagine would produce and Howard would direct.
Heaven was published in 2003 and centered on the terrible murders committed by two brothers who were members of an extreme group of Mormonism. Claiming to act under order from God, the two brothers killed the wife and infant daughter of their youngest brother.
At the same time as telling that story, the book also traced the origins and rise of Mormonism and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Sarah Schechter will oversee for Warners.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game