Ron Howard's 'Rush' to Open Zurich Film Festival
The Formula One racing film stars Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl.
COLOGNE, Germany -- Ron Howard's Formula One racing drama, Rush, starring Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl, will open the 9th annual Zurich International Film Festival on Sept. 26.
The drama, from Frost/Nixon screenwriter Peter Morgan, features Hemsworth as legendary British racing driver James Hunt, during the 1976 season when he battled for Formula One supremacy with Austrian driver Niki Lauda (Bruhl). After nearly losing his life in a flaming car crash, Lauda has to fight his way back in his battle with Hunt for the world championships. The film also stars Alexandra Maria Lara and Olivia Wilde.
Rush will premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival and hits Swiss cinemas, via distributor Ascot Elite, on October 10.
The Zurich International Film Festival runs Sept. 26 through Oct. 6.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game