No Doubt, Nicole Scherzinger, Rise Against Twitter-Hacked By Ron Paul Supporters
Coincidentally, all three artists can be found on Interscope's roster.
Kelly Clarkson and Michelle Branch may have unofficially endorsed Ron Paul, but Nicole Scherzinger, No Doubt and Rise Against? Not exactly supporters, as recent tweets from the musical artists may lead people to believe.
Early Wednesday morning, very similarly-phrased Ron Paul endorsements popped up on the official Twitter accounts of Nicole Scherzinger, No Doubt and Rise Against. The tweets, which were deleted by each artist after several hours, have been confirmed to Billboard.com as hacks.
It's worth noting that all three artists are currently signed to Interscope Records, a curious coincidence that may explain why they're linked in this specific hacking.
Punk rockers Rise Against have a track record of liberal political activism, assuring their fans after the fact, "As you would all assume, We DO NOT support Ron Paul." No Doubt's response: "No political endorsements at this time."
So what exactly did the tweets say?
"Today We Officially Endorse Ron Paul 2012 Donate to him here http://bit.ly/yDrrFI #ronpaulrevolution," read a tweet from No Doubt's account, followed up by: "If you actually read what Ron Paul is saying, you will discover that for the first time in your life a politician is not lying to you."
Nicole Scherzinger's hack read, "For the first time ever a politician isn't lying to us. WAKE UP AMERICA! Ron Paul 2012 I Love this Guy #RonPaulRevolution." The X Factor judge recently made headlines recently for delaying the release of her solo album, Killer Love, yet again. Killer Love was originally slated for a November release, but has been pushed to 2012.
As for the musical artists who legitimately support Paul's libertarian politics, Kelly Clarkson has come under fire for supporting the Republican presidential candidate last month via her Twitter. Despite Twitter backlash, Clarkson's sentiments were quickly co-signed by fellow pop songstress Michelle Branch. At a recent rally in Iowa, Paul actually boasted that sales of Clarkson's recent album "Stronger" had increased by 600 percent following her unofficial endorsement of him -- a figure that is far from true.
Additional reporting by THR Staff.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress