Rookies in Int'l Emmys news noms
NEW YORK -- News reports from Romania, the U.K. and elsewhere around the world will compete for the news awards at the 2007 International Emmys.
It's the first time Hong Kong, Romania, Russia and the Philippines have received news nominations, the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences said Tuesday. The news honors for the International Emmys will be held Sept. 24 at the Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers, at the same time the U.S. News and Documentary Emmys are handed out.
Nominated in the news category are: "Bandila: The Subic Rape Case Promulgation," ABS-CBS (The Philippines); "Channel 4 News: Lebanon Endgame,"
ITN-Channel 4 News (United Kingdom); "Jornal Nacional: Caravana JN," Elections Globo TV (Brazil); and "Pro TV News: Tibetans at the Chinese Border," Pro TV (Romania).
Nominated in the current events category are: "Baghdad: A Doctor's Story," Guardian Films-BBC Two (United Kingdom); "Hot Line:" The Candelaria Slaughter," TV Globo (Brazil); "Special Reporter: Vyacheslav Gunskiy's Studio -- The Zone of Love," Vyacheslav Grunskiy's Studio for TV Channel Russia (Russia); and "Sunday Report: Give Us a Hand! Help Us Live!" Television Broadcasts Ltd., Hong Kong.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR