Toronto 2012: Rosamund Pike and Christopher Plummer Cast in 'Hector and the Search for Happiness'
The pair are joining Simon Pegg in the Peter Chelsom-helmed dramedy.
TORONTO -- Rosamund Pike and Christopher Plummer are becoming Happy campers.
The pair are joining the cast of Peter Chelsom's dramedy Hector and the Search for Happiness.
Simon Pegg has already signed on to play the lead in the film, which Solution Entertainment Group is presenting to buyers at the Toronto International Film Festival. UTA is repping U.S. rights.
Adapted for the screen from the best-selling novel by François Lelord, the film is a German/Canadian co-production produced by Egoli Tossell Film and Screen Siren Pictures. Hector is set to shoot in January.
Wild Bunch Germany is co-producing and distributing in German-speaking Europe, and Entertainment One has acquired all rights for Canada.
Pegg plays Hector, an eccentric yet irresistible London psychiatrist in crisis.
Pike will portray his long-term girlfriend, while Plummer, coming off his Oscar win for Beginners, is taking on the role of Professor Coreman, leading guru for Happiness Studies at UCLA.
Pike’s recent credits include Pride and Prejudice, Barney’s Version and Wrath of the Titans. She next appears opposite Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR