Roseanne Barr Responds to Critics After Controversial Chick-fil-A Tweet
The comedienne tweeted that anyone who eats at the fast food chain, which does not support gay marriage, "deserves to get cancer that is sure to come from eating antibiotic filled tortured chickens 4Christ."
Roseanne Barr was busy Thursday re-tweeting a hailstorm of criticism heaped her way since she angered Christians on Wednesday for tweeting that people who eat at Chick fil-A deserve to get cancer.
Her attack on the chicken restaurant stems from the company’s president and COO Dan Cathy recently proclaiming that the company is run on Biblical principles, including opposition to gay marriage.
Barr, though, supports same-sex marriage and apparently did not take kindly to Cathy's statement.
“Anyone who eats Shit Fil-A deserves to get the cancer that is sure to come from eating antibiotic filled tortured chickens 4Christ,” the comedienne tweeted Wednesday.
After a Twitter-storm erupted, in which people accused her of wishing cancer on Christians and supporters of Chick-fil-A, Barr tweeted: “Christian liars: I never wished cancer on you at all – jesus will punish u 4 ur deceit – I said processed foods cause cancer -- #chickfilA.”
But Twitter users responded by throwing her original tweet back at her and accusing her of being the liar, until Barr apologized and clarified her position over a series of subsequent tweets.
“Retreading my tweet I realize that I used the wrong word – I shouldn’t have used the word deserves,” read one tweet. “What I meant was not that ppl deserve cancer – at all. I meant to warn ppl not 2 eat processed food,” read another.
All day Thursday, though, the angry tweets poured in, and Barr gamely re-tweeted some of them.
“@TheRealRoseanne can always be counted on to be a totally immoral comedic moron, maternal failure and life long joke. Hilarious!” read one. “I can’t figure out why anyone still calls @TheRealRoseanne a celebrity or cares what crap she tweets #chickfilA,” read another.
“One thing certain fake American ‘christian’ conservatives NEVER do – is forgive anybody for mistakes,” Barr tweeted in response to the criticism.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead