Roseanne Barr, Presidential Candidate, Courts Willie Nelson for Vice Presidential Slot
The actress and comedian, who is vying for the Green Party's nomination, engaged in a back-and-forth with the iconic musician.
Roseanne Barr is taking her bid for the White House seriously, and she's looking for another star to help her on the campaign trail.
Whether it will be Willie Nelson remains to be seen.
Barr, a famously outspoken liberal-libertarian who has made marijuana legalization one of her top priorities, has been working to secure Nelson as her running mate for the past week. And this is no backroom Washington attempt, either; the whole thing has been played out over Twitter. Earlier in the week, Nelson responded to her propositional tweets in the negative, but on Saturday, seemed to be potentially more amenable to the role.
As first pointed out by Gawker, the pair traded tweets Saturday afternoon, with Nelson bouncing between accepting and then changing his mind about the job. You can view their exchange below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR