Roseanne Barr in Talks With Chelsea Handler to Appear on NBC's 'Are You There, Vodka?' (Exclusive)
The comedian is in discussions to guest star as Handler’s aunt in the midseason replacement.
Comedian Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) is in talks to appear on NBC’s newly ordered midseason comedy Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.
“I’m talking to Roseanne Barr to do some guest episodes as my aunt,” show creator/executive producer Chelsea Handler told The Hollywood Reporter. “She’s interested in doing it, so it should be fun.”
The multicamera comedy is based on Handler’s autobiographical book of the same name about her prefame life as a waitress. Barr joins Laura Prepon (That '70s Show), who stars as the lead, and Handler in a recurring role as her own sister, Sloan.
The casting marks an upgrade in the project for Barr. Writers Julie Larson and Dottie Dartland Zicklin originally had Barr in mind for a cameo in the pilot as a lesbian prison inmate who befriends Chelsea after her arrest for a DUI. That role went to Glee’s Dot Jones.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR