Roseanne Barr in Talks With Chelsea Handler to Appear on NBC's 'Are You There, Vodka?' (Exclusive)
The comedian is in discussions to guest star as Handler’s aunt in the midseason replacement.
Comedian Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) is in talks to appear on NBC’s newly ordered midseason comedy Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.
“I’m talking to Roseanne Barr to do some guest episodes as my aunt,” show creator/executive producer Chelsea Handler told The Hollywood Reporter. “She’s interested in doing it, so it should be fun.”
The multicamera comedy is based on Handler’s autobiographical book of the same name about her prefame life as a waitress. Barr joins Laura Prepon (That '70s Show), who stars as the lead, and Handler in a recurring role as her own sister, Sloan.
The casting marks an upgrade in the project for Barr. Writers Julie Larson and Dottie Dartland Zicklin originally had Barr in mind for a cameo in the pilot as a lesbian prison inmate who befriends Chelsea after her arrest for a DUI. That role went to Glee’s Dot Jones.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David