Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: 5 Facts About the Maxim Model
The 'Transformers' star was named number one on Maxim's Hot 100 list.
Move over Katy Perry, there's a new hot star in town. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, making her big-scrren debut in this summer's Transformers: Dark of the Moon, has topped Maxim's annual Hot 100 list (Perry, last year's leader, was put in third place).
Here's what you need to know about the 5'9" stunner (who has been dating action star Jason Statham for over a year).
1) She was born in Plymouth, Devon, England. The British beauty also attended Tavistock College before making it big in the modeling world by landing a Burberry campaign in 2008.
2) She is also a Victoria Secret model. The beauty, who made her debut with the brand in 2006, was officially named one of the lingerie company's "Angels" in November 2009, at the age of 22.
3) She replaced Megan Fox in the third Transformers installment. "It was a crazy opportunity that was handed to me and spent seven months making the movie with a great cast and a great director," Huntington-Whiteley has said of playing Carly in the film and director Michael Bay; her first big screen foray. She had worked with Bay on a Victoria's Secret shoot in 2009.
4) She was nervous for her onscreen kissing scenes with co-star Shia LaBeouf. "I had to wear heels the whole way through filming," she lamented of being taller than the actor. "When it came to our kissing scene, I said 'Please Michael, let me take my shoes off. I feel so unelegant and I feel so unfeminine,' ... and he said 'No. You're giving small men across America hope.'"
5) This wasn't her first award in 2011. The Brit was also dubbed CinemaCon's Female Star of Tomorrow in March.