Rosie Perez, Arsenio Hall to voice 'Color City'
Coloring books will complement Exodus' animated film
Animation company Exodus Film Group has made several new deals for its cartoon-crayon tale "The Hero of Color City."
The firm has pacted with New York book company Simon & Schuster for a publishing deal to complement the feature. It also has made a number of casting deals, signing on Rosie Perez, Craig Ferguson and Arsenio Hall to voice characters in the picture.
The S&S deal will encompass a group of books aimed at young children (roughly ages 2-7), with an emphasis on coloring books that play off themes from the movie.
Becky Bristow's film, which previously had signed on Christina Ricci to voice the lead, is an animated fable centering on a group of crayons that band together to stop a tyrant from robbing their world of color.
Perez most recently starred in "Pineapple Express," while Ferguson and Hall, known for late-night talk shows, have had roles in family-oriented movies, Ferguson in "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events" and Hall in Exodus' animated tale "Igor."
Exodus this fall released "Igor" through MGM; the movie earned $19 million at the domestic boxoffice. "Color City" is slated for a 2010 release through Magnolia Pictures.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)