Rosie Perez Sues 'Law & Order' After Being Injured On Set
The actress is seeking unspecified damages after a neck injury sustained during a 2009 guest stint on the show.
After sustaining injuries to her neck during a Law & Order: SVU shoot, actress Rosie Perez is seeking unspecified damages in a lawsuit brought against the production companies behind the show, according to the New York Post.
Perez guest-starred as the mother of an abused child on an episode of the procedural shot in September 2009. During a staged fight with another actress, Perez was "hauled off" the woman by another actor playing a passer-by - a move that Perez claims caused her neck to become herniated. The actress underwent a discectomy to repair the damage.
In the suit, Northern Entertainment Productions and DDF Films are accused of "recklessly and carelessly failing to provide skilled performers or experienced stunt personnel". Perez's lawyer, Brian O' Dwyer, maintains that the injury causes Perez continued pain and has inhibited her ability to work.
"This is a case of a woman being severely injured because someone wasn’t taking care of the people who work for them," O'Dwyer told the Post. "We're going to make them pay."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game