Rossum roars onto 'Dragonball' cast
CORRECTED 11:55 a.m. PT Dec. 17
Emmy Rossum has joined the cast of 20th Century Fox's live-action adaptation of the popular Japanese comic "Dragonball."
"Heroes" actress Eriko Tamura, who plays Mai, and newcomer Joon Park, who plays bad boy Yamcha, are also coming aboard the film.
Rossum, who starred in "The Phantom of the Opera," joins a cast that includes Justin Chatwin, James Marsters and Jamie Chung.
The sci-fi adventure is being directed by James Wong. Stephen Chow, the filmmaker behind "Kung Fu Hustle" and "Shaolin Soccer," is producing.
Rossum's credits include "Poseidon," "Mystic River" and "The Day After Tomorrow." She recently released the album, "Inside Out," on Geffen Records and has a bundle of Christmas music available on iTunes.
Rossum is repped by CAA and manager Steve Dontanville.
Tamura is repped by McKeon-Myones Entertainment and the law firm of Jackoway Tyerman.
Park is a former member of the Korean pop group G.O.D., one of the highest-selling acts in Asia. His credits include the upcoming film "Speed Racer" where he plays a Yakuza driver. He is repped by Essential Talent Management in Los Angeles and JYP Entertainment in Korea.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws