Rotterdam Festival Lineup Features Nakata Hideo, Cristi Puiu Films
The 42nd Rotterdam Film Festival runs Jan. 23 to Feb. 3.
COLOGNE, Germany -- New works by acclaimed Japanese horror director Nakata Hideo (The Ring), Romania's Cristi Puiu (The Death of Mr. Lazarescu) and French filmmaker Marion Hansel (Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea) will unspool at the 42nd International Film Festival at Rotterdam (IFFR).
Hideo's latest horror fest, The Complex, will have its world premiere in Rotterdam, as will Hansel's Tenderness. A trio of new titles from Puiu: The Cat is on the Chair, The Monkey is on the Branch and The Mouse is Under the Table will all have their international premieres at the IFFR.
Other highlights at Rotterdam include Japan's Tragedy, a family drama from director Kobayashi Masahiro (The Rebirth), which is dedicated to the victims of the 2011 tsunami; Il Futuro from Chilean director Alicia Scherson, which stars Rutger Hauer as a rich but lonely actor and Frankenstein's Army, a zombie film from first-time Dutch director Richard Raaphorst.
Rotterdam will announce its full 2013 line up on Jan. 9. The acclaimed art-house festival runs Jan.23 to Feb.3.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR