Rourke piles on with 'Passion,' 'Iron Man 2'
Mickey Rourke keeps pinning down the gigs.
The resurgent actor has attached himself to "Passion Plays" in what will be the first dramatic role he has signed for since winning a Golden Globe and other kudos for his performance in "The Wrestler."
Mitch Glazer will write and direct the indie tale, the logline of which is being kept under wraps. The film is said to be seeking a female lead opposite Rourke.
Glazer is the screenwriter behind the Al Pacino CIA saga "The Recruit" and the Bill Murray holiday comedy "Scrooged."
Rourke and Glazer are repped by ICM.
Rourke's reps also confirmed Wednesday that he has closed a deal for "Iron Man 2," in which he will play the Russian villain to Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark.
Since gaining acclaim for playing Randy the Ram in "Wrestler," Rourke has signed on for movies in a host of genres, including the Sylvester Stallone actioner "The Expendables" and the Indian gangster movie "Broken Horses." He also will appear in Senator Entertainment's Hollywood glam tale "The Informers." (partialdiff)
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR