Rovio Entertainment Unveils 'Angry Birds Star Wars II'
The sequel to the hit mobile game, which has been downloaded more than 100 million times, will launch in September.
COLOGNE -- Finnish gaming group Rovio Entertainment has announced a sequel to its Angry Birds Star Wars title, a massively successful game that has clocked more than 100 million downloads worldwide.
Angry Birds Star Wars II will bow Sept. 19, Rovio announced on its website Monday. The sequel, another cooperation with Star Wars producers Lucasfilm, will again combine figures from the sci-fi universe with the physics-based bird-tossing game that has made Rovio rich.
Rovio is also teaming up with toy-makers Hasbro on the new game, providing licensing tie-ins that will be promoted at Comic-Con in San Diego this week.
An animated 3D feature, based on the Angry Birds gaming franchise, has been set up at Sony Pictures, with delivery planned for July of 2016.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)