Rovio Entertainment Unveils 'Angry Birds Star Wars II'
The sequel to the hit mobile game, which has been downloaded more than 100 million times, will launch in September.
COLOGNE -- Finnish gaming group Rovio Entertainment has announced a sequel to its Angry Birds Star Wars title, a massively successful game that has clocked more than 100 million downloads worldwide.
Angry Birds Star Wars II will bow Sept. 19, Rovio announced on its website Monday. The sequel, another cooperation with Star Wars producers Lucasfilm, will again combine figures from the sci-fi universe with the physics-based bird-tossing game that has made Rovio rich.
Rovio is also teaming up with toy-makers Hasbro on the new game, providing licensing tie-ins that will be promoted at Comic-Con in San Diego this week.
An animated 3D feature, based on the Angry Birds gaming franchise, has been set up at Sony Pictures, with delivery planned for July of 2016.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical