Royal Wedding Movie Enlists Writer Nancy Meyers (Exclusive)
The Sony project is from "(500) Days of Summer" scribes Scott Neustadter and Michael Weber.
Nancy Meyers, who has written and directed hit relationship dramedies such as Something’s Gotta Give and It’s Complicated, has been hired work on the script for Sony’s untitled Royal Wedding project.
Matt Tolmach is producing.
The studio picked up the project in April 2011 from (500) Days of Summer scribes Scott Neustadter and Michael Weber. Neustadter and Webber have done most of the heavy lifting, with Meyers expected to polish it with a three-week gig.
The story centers on a girl from the Midwest to travels to England and winds up meeting a prince. It has been described as in the tone of Notting Hill, the Julia Roberts-Hugh Grant rom-com about a Hollywood movie star who falls for a British book shop owner.
Once WME-repped Meyers finishes her work, she will resume focusing on The Intern, her Tina Fey workplace comedy that is set up at Paramount.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'