Royal Wedding Movie Enlists Writer Nancy Meyers (Exclusive)
The Sony project is from "(500) Days of Summer" scribes Scott Neustadter and Michael Weber.
Nancy Meyers, who has written and directed hit relationship dramedies such as Something’s Gotta Give and It’s Complicated, has been hired work on the script for Sony’s untitled Royal Wedding project.
Matt Tolmach is producing.
The studio picked up the project in April 2011 from (500) Days of Summer scribes Scott Neustadter and Michael Weber. Neustadter and Webber have done most of the heavy lifting, with Meyers expected to polish it with a three-week gig.
The story centers on a girl from the Midwest to travels to England and winds up meeting a prince. It has been described as in the tone of Notting Hill, the Julia Roberts-Hugh Grant rom-com about a Hollywood movie star who falls for a British book shop owner.
Once WME-repped Meyers finishes her work, she will resume focusing on The Intern, her Tina Fey workplace comedy that is set up at Paramount.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead