Royal Wedding: Priest Does Cartwheels in Westminster Abbey (Video)
"It is a general reflection of the mood of the Abbey and a job well done," says a spokesperson.
A priest at Westminster Abbey was so excited after the royal wedding, he was caught on camera doing cartwheels down the aisle. Watch below. PHOTOS: What Kate Middleton and famous guests wore to the wedding
A spokesperson for the venue laughed it off. "Our view is that the verger was simply reflecting what we all feel about a very successful service. It is a general reflection of the mood of the Abbey and a job well done," said the spokesperson, who explained that vergers are "people who assist and prepare for the clergy in their services." PHOTOS: Famous royal weddings
Kate Middleton and Prince William were no longer present for the gymnastics routine. PHOTOS: The 9 wackiest wedding celebrations
"It was long after the congregation had departed and we were all reflecting on what we had achieved," added the spokesperson.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'