Anke Schäferkordt, Guillaume de Posch Named Co-CEOs of RTL Group
European media giant controls "Idol," "X Factor" producer FremantleMedia.
COLOGNE, Germany -- Anke Schäferkordt and Guillaume de Posch have been named co-CEOs of Europe's leading broadcaster RTL Group.
RTL operates 46 TV and 29 radio channels in nine countries and is one of the world's largest production companies, controlling U.K.-based FremantleMedia, producers of American Idol and X Factor.
The appointment had been announced earlier but was made official Wednesday by RTL's board of directors, headed by new chairman Thomas Rabe. Rabe replaced Siegfried Luther, who had been RTL Board Chairman since 2004.
Schäferkordt and de Posch are also members of the Group Management Committee of RTL parent group Bertelsmann and Schäferkordt will also take a seat on Bertelsmann's executive board.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR