RTL Group Takes Over RTL Nederland
Leading European entertainment network buys back Talpa Media’s 26.3% shareholding.
LONDON -- RTL Group, the leading European entertainment network, on Thursday announced that it has exercised its put option towards John de Mol’s Talpa Media Holding. Following this put option, RTL Group will get back Talpa Media’s 26.3 percent minority shareholding in RTL Nederland in exchange for 100 percent of the shares in Radio 538.
In addition, Talpa Media will also take over Radio 10 Gold and Slam FM from RTL Nederland. Both stations were acquired by RTL Nederland in 2010 and 2011 respectively. In exchange, Talpa Media will reimburse RTL Nederland for the purchase prices paid.
RTL Group’s put option was agreed as part of the asset deal signed in June 2007 between RTL Group and John de Mol. The exchange of the respective shareholdings is set to take place in 2012.
Elmar Heggen, chief financial officer and head of the corporate centre of RTL Group, said: “Following last week’s decision of the Dutch competition authority, RTL Group has decided to exercise its previously agreed option now to get back the remaining shareholding in RTL Nederland, which is our third biggest family of TV channels and achieves outstanding ratings and results. At the same time we’re looking forward to continuing the proven co-operation with John de Mol’s Creative Unit in new ways.”
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!