Ruairi Robinson Lines Up Big-Screen Directorial Debut 'The Last Days On Mars'
Project penned by Clive Dawson to be sold by Focus Features International during AFM.
LONDON – Oscar-nominated Ruairi Robinson (Blinky) is to direct his debut feature film The Last Days On Mars, based on a script by Clive Dawson.
The movie will be produced by U.K. production banner Qwerty Films, headed by former PolyGram Films chief Michael Kuhn (The Duchess) and by producer Andrea Cornwell (The Scouting Book for Boys).
Focus Features International is taking on international sales and distribution duties for the project, introducing the project to buyers during this week’s American Film Market.
The thriller is currently in pre-production and is expected to start shooting early 2012 on location in Jordan and at Shepperton Studios in the U.K.
The script details the story of an astronaut crew on a mission to Mars. A routine excavation turns deadly when one of them falls to his death and his body taken host and re-animated by the very life form they sought to discover.
Casting is currently underway.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR