Rufus and Martha Wainwright to Perform During Robert Redford's Inaugural Sundance London Festival
Duo will play songs by their mother Kate McGarrigle following world premiere of doc "Sing Me The Songs That Say I Love You."
LONDON -- Rufus and Martha Wainwright are to unite on stage to perform and host a Q&A following the world premiere of Sing Me The Songs That Say I Love You ~ A Concert for Kate McGarrigle, as part of the inaugural Sundance London festival.
Organizers said the Lian Lunson-directed movie about the music of the mother of the brother and sister will precede the event with the Wainwrigtht singer-songer writing dynasty as part of several special events for the movie and music festival.
There will also be a worldwide theatrical premiere screening of documentary Coming Up For Air about rock act Placebo, an act already plugged in to play a concert during the event.
The band and filmmaker Charlie Targett-Adams will also be on hand following the screening for a Q&A session.
And Robert Redford, wearing his official hat as president and founder of Sundance Institute, will also be on hand to introduce Harmony, a documentary film about the environmental work of HRH The Prince of Wales Prince Charles.
And there will also be a 25th anniversary screening of River’s Edge, which first premiered at the 1987 Sundance Film Festival.
The inaugural British event, held at the sprawling O2 leisure complex over four days in April 2012, will play host to screenings, music events and panels when it runs April 26 through 29.
Sundance Film Festival director John Cooper said: “In programming the Special Events and panels for the first-ever Sundance London, we were afforded total creative freedom, and what resulted are a number of unique events that we hope will broaden the experience of attending the festival for all to enjoy. The common element highlighted throughout the festival is a celebration of those who think creatively and independently about something in their lives.”
Previously announced events and performances for Sundance London include the opening night event 'An Evening With' Redford And T Bone Burnett, and a concert with Tricky and Martina Topley-Bird performing Maxinquaye.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game