Rufus Sewell Checks in for 'Paradise Lost'
Actor to star alongside Bradley Cooper, Ben Walker and Casey Affleck in epic poem's big screen adaptation.
LONDON – Rufus Sewell is joining up with director Alex Proyas again, having last worked together on Dark City, to star in Paradise Lost.
Sewell joins the adaptation of the epic 17th century English poem by John Milton as Samael, Lucifer’s partisan who urges him to begin the rebellion in heaven.
The movie is produced by Vincent Newman under his Vincent Newman banner along with Legendeary Entertainment’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni.
The cast already boasts a male-skewed heavyweight cast which includes Bradley Cooper, Ben Walker, Casey Affleck, Sam Reid and Djimon Hounsou.
Diego Boneta and Camilla Belle are also cast as Adam and Eve.
Sewell is repped by WME.
The project falls under the Legendary’s overall agreement with Warner Bros.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram