Rufus Wainwright Is a Dad!
2:58 PM PST 2/18/2011 by Mark Cina
The singer and fiance Jorn Weisbrodt welcome their first child, a girl.
Acclaimed musician Rufus Wainwright is now a father.On his Web site Friday, he announced that he and his fiance, Jorn Weisbrodt, welcomed the girl earlier this month after their friend Lorca Cohen (daughter of legendary songwriter Leonard Cohen) gave birth. “Darling daughter Viva Katherine Wainwright Cohen was born on February 2, 2011 in Los Angeles, California to proud parents Lorca Cohen, Rufus Wainwright and Deputy Dad Jorn Weisbrodt. The little angel is evidently healthy, presumably happy and certainly very very beautiful,” he wrote, He has even penned a lyric for his newborn: “Daddy #1 would like to offer everyone a digital cigar and welcome the little lady in with a French phrase from his favorite folk song, A La Claire Fontaine: "Il y a longtemps que je t'aime, jamais je ne t'oublierai."
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David