CBS Nabs Semi-Autobiographical Comedy Script From 'Rules of Engagement' Producer (Exclusive)
The network has ordered a script from Vanessa McCarthy that will center on her experience as a working mother and the bond she forms with her naïve younger nanny.
CBS is back in business with Rules of Engagement scribe Vanessa McCarthy.
The network has made a script deal for her untitled multicamera comedy, a semi-autobiographical comedy about her experience as a working mother and the bond she forms with her naïve younger nanny.McCarthy will write and executive produce the project, which is set up at Sony Pictures Television-based Happy Madison. The latter's Doug Robinson will join her as a non-writing executive producer on the project. In May, CBS renewed Rules for a seventh season of 13 episodes, bringing its total to the all-important 100-episode mark. It is slated to return midseason. McCarthy, whose other credits include Hot in Cleveland, Modern Family and Joey, is repped by WME.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack