Run-D.M.C. to Reunite at Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin, Texas
The show will mark the group’s first performance in over a decade, since Joseph “Run” Simmons and Darryl “D.M.C.” McDaniels retired the name back in 2002.
Run-D.M.C. is back for some fun.
The pioneering hip-hop group will hit the stage once more for the Austin, Texas-based Fun Fun Fun Fest, running Nov. 2-4. The group’s surviving members, Joseph “Run” Simmons and Darryl “D.M.C.” McDaniels, will headline the main stage, though the full lineup is set to be announced July 12.
“We couldn’t be more excited,” said festival producer James Moody. “Run-D.M.C. is one of our favorite bands and one of the most influential groups of all time.”
This will mark the first performance since Simmons and McDaniels disbanded in 2002 following the tragic shooting of group member Jason “Jam Master Jay” Mizell. To honor his life, the duo has teamed with the festival to donate a portion of the proceeds to the JMJ Foundation for Music, Rolling Stone reports.
A select number of performers were announced Tuesday via YouTube, including Atlas Sound, Rakim, Against Me!, The Head and the Heart, Danny Brown and Bob Mould. The festival, currently in its seventh year, features top artists from the hip-hop, indie-alternative, heavy metal and comedy genres.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR