'Runner Runner' Trailer: Ben Affleck, Justin Timberlake Are Outlaw Gamblers (Video)
The thriller, directed by Brad Furman, is set for release Sept. 27.
Ben Affleck plays an online-gambling criminal who convinces Justin Timberlake to join his operation in Runner Runner.
The first trailer for the thriller features the Argo Oscar winner tapping in to a villainous character -- he shoves an apparent captive off a dock into crocodile-infested waters as Timberlake watches.
In the film, directed by Brad Furman (The Lincoln Lawyer), Timberlake plays a grad student, Richie, who turns to online poker to pay off $60,000 in tuition.
After thinking that he's been cheated during the game, he jets off to Coast Rica where he meets Ivan Block (Affleck), an outlaw gambler. Richie begins working for Block until the FBI gets involved to take down the criminal.
Ben Schwartz (House of Lies) and Anthony Mackie (Gangster Squad) play supporting roles. The title is scripted by Brian Koppelman and David Levien.
The 20th Century Fox film hits theaters Sept. 27.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR