Rupert Murdoch Divorce: Tony Blair's Spokesperson Denies Rumors of Affair With Wendi Murdoch
UPDATED: A rep in the former British Prime Minister's office dismissed suspicions swirling around his friendship with the News Corp. mogul's wife.
LONDON – A spokesperson for Tony Blair flatly denied media rumors that Wendi Murdoch is romantically involved with the former British prime minister.
When contacted by The Hollywood Reporter, the rep said: "If you are asking if they are having an affair, the answer is no." UPDATE: It has since been made clear to THR by Blair's rep that there has never been an affair.
The questions swirling around Wendi Murdoch's reportedly close friendships with various powerful men -- including Blair, MySpace co-founder Chris DeWolfe, and Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt -- began trending on the Internet overnight after news broke Thursday that Rupert Murdoch, 82, had begun divorce proceedings in New York.
The spokesperson said Blair would not be making a public comment on the divorce proceedings himself.
Blair is godfather to Rupert and Wendi Murdoch's two children, Grace, 11, and Chloe, 9.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!