Hollywood's 3 Biggest Real Estate Sales of 2013
Rupert Murdoch, Madonna and the Uzbek president's daughter were behind the most talked-about deals of the year.
This story first appeared in the Dec. 13 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
LE PALAIS THE CRESCENT PLACE
Price: $32.75 million
Who Sold It: Joyce Rey and Stacy Gottula, Coldwell Banker Previews Int'l
Designed and built by Mohamed Hadid, this 48,000-square-foot limestone mansion in Beverly Hills reportedly was purchased by Lola Karimova-Tillyaeva, the daughter of the president of Uzbekistan.
MADONNA'S BEVERLY HILLS SPREAD
Price: $20 million
Who Sold It: Kurt Rappaport, Westside Estate Agency and Barry Peele, Sotheby's International Realty Beverly Hills
Madonna sold her 17,000-square-foot manse with tennis court, massive pool and two guest homes that she and ex Guy Ritchie purchased from Sela Ward in 2003 for $12 million.
MORAGA VINEYARDS ESTATE
Price: $28.8 million
Who Sold It: Delphin Mann, Coldwell Banker Previews Int'l
The 13-acre Bel Air estate was purchased by Rupert Murdoch in August. With a 7,500-square-foot main residence and on-site wine cave, the purchase price included about $4 million worth of vino.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game