Rupert Murdoch's 12 Best Tweets of 2012
Since joining Twitter at the end of last year, The News Corp. chief has targeted everyone from President Obama to Tom Cruise.
This story first appeared in the Jan. 10, 2013 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Jan. 3: “Can’t resist this tweet, but all Iowans think about Rick Santorum. Only candidate with genuine big vision for country.”
Jan. 13: “We screwed up in everyway possible, learned lots of valuable expensive lessons,” referring to MySpace, which News Corp. owned from 2005 to 2011.
Jan. 15: “So Obama has thrown in his lot with Silicon Valley paymasters who threaten all software creators with piracy, plain thievery,”attacking Obama’s refusal to back SOPA anti-piracy legislation.
June 24: “When is Romney going to look like a challenger? Seems to play everything safe, make no news except burn off Hispanics.”
July 1: “Watch Katie Holmes and Scientology story develop. Something creepy, maybe even evil, about these people.”
July 1: “Since Scientology tweet hundreds of attacks. Expect they will increase and get worse and maybe threatening. Still stick to my story.”
Aug. 13: Just saw 2016. Truly scary if no answer. Every voter should see and decide for self what future they want for America,” on the anti-Obama documentary 2016: Obama’s America.
Oct. 13: “White House still lying about Benghazi. HAD to know truth, or is whole admin a shambles? Biden threw CIA under bus, now WH throws State!”
Oct. 14: “Told UK’s Cameron receiving scumbag celebrities pushing for even more privacy laws. Trust the toffs! Transparency under attack. Bad,” criticizing Prime Minister David Cameron’s meeting with phone-hacking victims, including Hugh Grant.
Nov. 2: Thanks Bloomberg right decision. @now Christie, while thanking O, must re-declare for Romney, or take blame for next four dire years,” reacting to New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg canceling the city’s marathon after Superstorm Sandy and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie’s embrace of Obama.
Nov. 17: “Why Is Jewish owned press so consistently anti-Israel in every crisis?” Venting dissatisfaction with media coverage of the conflict in Gaza.
Dec. 14: “Terrible news today. When will politicians find courage to ban automatic weapons? As in Oz after similar tragedy,” reacting to the Newtown school shootings.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game