Rupert Murdoch's News of the World Apologizes for Phone Hacking
News International is setting up a multi-million dollar fund to pay compensation and legal fees to those involved.
LONDON – In an astonishing about-turn, Rupert Murdoch’s News International has admitted responsibility for illegal phone-hacking by reporters on its Sunday tabloid The News of The World, issuing an “unreserved apology” to those involved.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR