Suspicious Package Delivered to Rush Limbaugh's Palm Beach Home, Ruled Harmless
A parcel that appeared to have wires drew the bomb squad to the conservative radio host's house.
Rush Limbaugh's Palm Beach home received a suspicious package on Thursday, incuding a brief panic before local authorities ruled that it was not a threat.
The Palm Beach Post reports that the package, which was x-rayed like all other parcels delivered to the conservative talk radio host's home, seemed to contain a series of wires. Traffic in the area was re-routed as the bomb squad handled the package.
It was a tumultuous day for Limbaugh, who has made headlines and drawn the ire of women's groups the past two days after calling Sandra Fluke, a Georgetown student whom Republicans blocked from testifying at a congressional hearing on birth control, a "slut" and a "prostitute" who was "having so much sex she couldn't afford the birth control."
In a response on Thursday, Fluke said, "We are fortunate to live in a democracy where everyone is entitled to their own opinions regarding legitimate policy differences. Unfortunately, numerous commentators have gone far beyond the acceptable bounds of civil discourse. No woman deserves to be disrespected in this manner. This language is an attack on all women, and has been used throughout history to silence our voices."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!