Russell Brand, Adam Lambert fight paparazzi
Police handling battery complaints about actor and singer
"Get Him to the Greek" star Russell Brand and "American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert were involved in separate scuffles with the paparazzi requiring police action late this week.
Brand was taken into police custody Friday after reportedly "pushing and striking" photographers who were snapping photos of him and fiance Katy Perry going through security at Los Angeles International Airport. One of the photographers placed the actor-comedian under citizen's arrest, according to US Weekly, and after being interviewed by airport police, Brand was escorted away for suspected battery.
Brand and Perry both missed their scheduled flight to Las Vegas.
A battery claim is also facing "Idol" singer Lambert. TMZ reports that the Season 8 runner-up allegedly grabbed a Miami photographer's camera bag and "forcefully" wrestled the man to the ground on Thursday.
The Miami police will decide if the case merits consideration from the State Attorney, who would make the decision to prosecute Lambert. If found guilty, the "For Your Entertainment" singer could face up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine.
Lambert has been vocal about the incident via Twitter. He Tweeted shortly after the clash that he lost his temper but posted this message on Friday: "Battery? Nope. I attempted to grab a camera, no punches were thrown and no one was on the ground.... It was literally harmless. If embarrassment is a crime -- that's all I'm guilty of."
Billboard's Megan Vick contributed to this report.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera