Russell Brand Joins 'Rock of Ages' Cast
The "Arthur" star will play Lonny in Adam Shankman's big-screen musical.
Russell Brand is joining the cast of director Adam Shankman’s musical Rock of Ages, in which he’ll play Lonny, who runs an '80s-era rock club.
Shankman announced the project’s latest casting in a tweet Wednesday, saying, “I can officially announce Russell Brand as your Lonny in #rockofagesmovie! I see a mullet in his future...maybe a Nikki Six?
It will be a reteaming for the actor and director, who previously worked together on Bedtime Stories.
The New Line production, based on the Broadway musical, which is aiming for a May start, is also set to star newcomer Diego Gonzalez Boneta along with Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, Mary J. Blige, Paul Giamatti and Julianne Hough.
Shankman’s Offspring Entertainment, Tobey Maguire’s Maguire Entertainment and Corner Store Entertainment are producing, with Garrett Grant serving as exec producer.
Brand, repped by WME, can currently be heard as the voice of E.B., the Easter Bunny’s teenage son in Hop, and can be see playing the title role in Arthur.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack