Russell Brand, Julianne Hough to Star in Diablo Cody's Directorial Debut
The Mandate project is set to shoot later this year with Mason Novick signed on to produce.
Russell Brand and Julianne Hough have been set to star in the directorial debut of Diablo Cody.
The Mandate project, which was once titled Lamb of God, follows a young conservative religious woman (Hough) who loses her faith after a plane crash, decides to go to Las Vegas to live the life of a sinner, and on her journey finds her way back to her faith. Brand plays her unlikely companion who helps her find herself.
Mason Novick is producing the project, which is eying a spring start.
Mandate has been moving fast on the feature, picking it up in late June and looking to cast almost immediately.
The company has been very high on it as it marks the third collaboration between the players. (Juno was the first while the upcoming Young Adult drama is the second.)
Brand and Hough recently wrapped Rock of Ages for New Line. Brand last starred in Arthur while Hough, who made her feature debut with Burlesque, will next be seen in Footloose.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead