Russell Brand, Julianne Hough to Star in Diablo Cody's Directorial Debut
The Mandate project is set to shoot later this year with Mason Novick signed on to produce.
Russell Brand and Julianne Hough have been set to star in the directorial debut of Diablo Cody.
The Mandate project, which was once titled Lamb of God, follows a young conservative religious woman (Hough) who loses her faith after a plane crash, decides to go to Las Vegas to live the life of a sinner, and on her journey finds her way back to her faith. Brand plays her unlikely companion who helps her find herself.
Mason Novick is producing the project, which is eying a spring start.
Mandate has been moving fast on the feature, picking it up in late June and looking to cast almost immediately.
The company has been very high on it as it marks the third collaboration between the players. (Juno was the first while the upcoming Young Adult drama is the second.)
Brand and Hough recently wrapped Rock of Ages for New Line. Brand last starred in Arthur while Hough, who made her feature debut with Burlesque, will next be seen in Footloose.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott