Russell Brand, Julianne Hough to Star in Diablo Cody's Directorial Debut
The Mandate project is set to shoot later this year with Mason Novick signed on to produce.
Russell Brand and Julianne Hough have been set to star in the directorial debut of Diablo Cody.
The Mandate project, which was once titled Lamb of God, follows a young conservative religious woman (Hough) who loses her faith after a plane crash, decides to go to Las Vegas to live the life of a sinner, and on her journey finds her way back to her faith. Brand plays her unlikely companion who helps her find herself.
Mason Novick is producing the project, which is eying a spring start.
Mandate has been moving fast on the feature, picking it up in late June and looking to cast almost immediately.
The company has been very high on it as it marks the third collaboration between the players. (Juno was the first while the upcoming Young Adult drama is the second.)
Brand and Hough recently wrapped Rock of Ages for New Line. Brand last starred in Arthur while Hough, who made her feature debut with Burlesque, will next be seen in Footloose.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera