Russell Brand Says He Hurled Photographer's iPhone in 'Tribute' to Steve Jobs
UPDATED: Police issued arrest warrant for the comedian after he pitched a paparazzo's smartphone through an office window in New Orleans.
Russell Crowe is famous for throwing phones at people; Russell Brand is making headlines for grabbing someone's phone, and throwing it at a window.
Brand, currently in New Orleans filming Diablo Cody's latest untitled film project, ran into trouble on Wednesday when police issued an arrest warrant for the comedian after he grabbed a photographer's iPhone and pitched it through a window of a nearby office building earlier this week.
On Thursday afternoon, Brand turned himself in. Police booked him on a single count of criminal damage to property; he walked out an hour later, posting a $5,000 bond.
Brand previously copped to the outburst on Twitter, writing: "Since Steve Jobs died I cannot bear to see anyone use an iphone irreverently, what I did was a tribute to his memory."
Brand's representative did not respond to THR's request for comment.
The multi-hyphenate star and author of gritty, candid memoirs detailing his past struggles his addiction recently finalized his divorce from Katy Perry, his ex-wife of 14 months.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR