Russell Brand 'Seduced' Helen Mirren Into Joining 'Arthur'
The actress plays a nanny who looks after Brand's drunken billionaire playboy in the upcoming remake of the 1981 movie.
Helen Mirren has admitted that she isn't a fan of the original Arthur. So why did she sign on to co-star in a remake of the 1981 movie?
It appears the reason has something to do with her co-star, Russell Brand.
"I did (the movie) because I met Russell," Mirren said at a recent press conference, as reported by the Toronto Sun. "He totally seduced me, the way he does. I defy any male or female to spend two hours with him and not be completely charmed and not say, 'Yeah, fine, I'll do whatever you want.'"
In the movie, which opens Friday, Brand plays a drunken billionaire playboy, with Mirren as the nanny hired to look after him.
Brand recently praised Mirren as having both "matriarchy and sexuality."
Brand also voices the Easter Bunny in the CGI/live-action hybrid movie Hop, which won the domestic box office this weekend with $38.1 million debut.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR