Russell Crowe as 'Noah': First Look at Darren Aronofsky's Biblical Epic (Photo)
The Aussie actor is turning back the clock for the "Black Swan" helmer in this long-awaited Genesis, Chapter 6 adaptation.
We've seen the ark; now, we get a first glance at the beard.
It's been five years in the making in Hollywood, and around 5700 or so since the event first allegedly went down, but Darren Aronofsky's big screen epic, Noah, is finally in production. The Wrestler and Black Swan helmer is off in Iceland, beginning work on the film, and has tweeted out several photos from the set, including this shot of the massive zoo-boat ark that will serve as the fulcrum of his gritty biblical reboot.
In this new photo, which first debuted in USA Today, we get our first glance at star Russell Crowe, who is starring as the God-fearing, ship-building hero of the film. Aronofsky reportedly offered the role to both Christian Bale and Michael Fassbender before Crowe signed on, though the Oscar-winner wears the facial hair with the authority that is required of a man who saved every species of animal on earth.
Noah hits theaters on March 28, 2014.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR