Russell Crowe Removes Circumcision Tweets, Apologizes if He Offended Anyone
The actor had Tweeted to director Eli Roth earlier: "I love my Jewish friends, I love the apples and the honey and the funny little hats but stop cutting yr babies @eliroth"
Russell Crowe went on an anti-circumcision tirade on Twitter late Thursday and early Friday morning.
- "Circumcision is barbaric and stupid. Who are you to correct nature? Is it real that GOD requires a donation of foreskin? Babies are perfect.
- When one follower wrote, "There's actually a scientific reason for [circumcision], u should google it," Crowe replied: "My friend, 'human' science has caused too much damage, don't be a moron."
- When one follower called the practice hygenic, Crowe replied, "Hygenic? Why don't you sew up your ass then?"
- "many jewish friends, I love my Jewish friends, I love the apples and the honey and the funny little hats but stop cutting yr babies @eliroth" he wrote to his Man With an Iron Fist director. (Snapped back Roth on Twitter: "You didn't seem to be complaining when I was recutting you this afternoon…")
- "I will always stand for the perfection of babies, i will always believe in God, not man's interpretation of what God requires."
- "last of it, if u feel it is yr right 2 cut things off yr babies please unfollow and f**k off,I'll take attentive parenting over barbarism."
- One follower asked if he was "comparing sexual mutilation w/ a jewish ceremonial act?!” Crowe wrote: "Can you actually read the words you just typed 'a ceremonial act', F--- that. The Mayans had ceremonial acts too.”
- "Abortion should always be a woman's choice, there is no benefit to 'forced' motherhood...you got it? don't like it then bye."
Later, he deleted his statements, and wrote:
- "I have a deep and abiding love for all people of all nationalities, I'm very sorry that I have said things on here that have caused distress."
- "My personal beliefs aside I realize that some will interpret this debate as me mocking the rituals and traditions of others. I am very sorry."
Roth also posted Friday morning that Crowe was joking, and accused the media of "blowing the comments out of proportion."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile
From our partners
- Charlie Sheen Might Be Ditching His Stage Name
- Amanda Bynes Maintains That She Did Not Throw a Bong, Claims NYPD Sexually Harassed Her
- Photos: Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, and Amy Adams on the Set of David O. Russell’s American Hustle
- Watch Will and Jaden Smith Do a Father-Son Version of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Rap