Russian Internet Giant Enters U.S. Market
Mail.Ru will be operating under the brand name My.com out of a Silicon Valley office.
MOSCOW – Russian Internet giant Mail.ru Group has launched a U.S. subsidiary, which will use the brand name My.com.
It will operate out of an office in Silicon Valley.
As part of the U.S. launch, Mail.ru has started rolling out email application myMail, mobile messenger myChat and myGames, a collection of free online games.
"I am glad to introduce our new products, including those [launched] in the U.S. Internet market, where competition is tough," Dmitry Grishin, co-founder and general director of Mail.Ru Group, said.
He touted the expertise the company's team has built over the years. "Now we are using the experience and expertise we have generated for entering the global market," he added.
myMail has interfaces for iOS and Android and supports accounts on all major email services, including Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com and AOL. myChat offers its users free text messaging and voice and video calls, also supporting both iOS and Android.
The games featured on myGames include Jungle Heat, which offers players building functionality similar to those in Zynga social games, such as FarmVille.
Launched in 1998, Mail.Ru Group controls email service Mail.ru, social networking web sites Odnoklassniki and Moi Mir, instant messengers Agent Mail.ru and ICQ and other online assets. South African media group Naspers owns a 29 percent stake in Mail.Ru.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!