Russia's CTC Becomes Second-Ranked Channel in Moscow
The network says its shift to more adult and homegrown content is proving to be a ratings winner.
MOSCOW -- Russia's leading TV entertainment network CTC increased its audience share last year to become the second most watched channel in the country's capital here, citing its focus on more adult and homegrown content.
Part of CTC Media, which also runs adult channel Peretz and daytime service Domashny in Russia, as well as channels in Kazakhstan and international satellite services throughout the world, CTC was also the only one of the top six national channels in the country to grow its audience share in 2013, the company said Friday.
The network airs a mix of domestic and international series and movies.
CTC garnered an average audience share of 10.9 percent for the 10-45-year-old demographic, putting it second behind state-owned Channel One.
Vyacheslav Murugov, CEO and general producer at CTC Media, said the performance was particularly impressive in an increasingly fragmented market. The company had launched a range of new shows during 2013, working with some of the best-known Russian TV production and creative teams, Murugov said.
"We successfully completed a repositioning and switched to a more adult audience segment, becoming a truly major family channel in Russia, he said.
The channel just started sci-fi series Ship, which launched this week to an audience share of 17.2 percent, he added.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'