Time Warner Unveils 'Ryan Gosling on Demand' for Valentine's Holiday
The cable service is capitalizing on the heartthrob actor's popularity during the oh-so-appropriate month of February.
Ryan Gosling-a-thon, anyone?
Someone over at Time Warner Cable happened to greenlight the arguably genius decision to launch a "Ryan Gosling on Demand" channel for digital TV subscribers in February, during which Valentine's Day seems to extend the entire month.
The all-Gosling lineup of films includes The Notebook -- catnip for the actor's devoted female fan base, who pine for him in the 2004 romantic weepie -- as well as 2010's Crazy, Stupid, Love, in which he's shirtless half the time, and The Ides of March, co-starring George Clooney.
The schedule can be found on Time Warner's Movies on Demand through Feb. 27.
Cue the fan outrage: Gosling, currently in Bangkok filming Only God Forgives, was passed over as a nominee in the acting categories for this year's Academy Awards. But in an interview last week with THR, the actor shrugged off the snub, responding with a simple "no" when asked if he felt hurt.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead